Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Still small voice l Personal

I'll be the first to admit that my good ole' pal discouragement tends to find me often. Not that I keep him close by or even welcome his presence, but he is attracted to me. I must smell nice. Yeah, I'll go with that.

I mean, wouldn't it just be so much easier to give up and ignore the thing that is bothering you or change directions entirely? Sometimes I even get to the point of considering that very thing but am quickly reminded that I'm worth more and can punch discouragement in the face. I know what you're thinking...."That sounds way easier than it actually is." Well, you're right. But thankfully, I have someone on my team that I can cast all of my cares upon. I can cast all of my heartache, fear, uncertainty, struggles...EVEN discouragement. My God is bigger than all of those problems and knows the end of the story. He sticks closer than a brother and is always on my side. I'm pretty sure that that fact alone is enough to encourage me even when I'm at my lowest. If you are curious about these statements or disagree entirely, feel free to email me. I want you to have the peace that I have in my Lord. It's real and completely powerful.

Maybe the answer isn't in the obvious distraction or even in the subtle noise of our day to day lives. Maybe it's in the still small voice. (I Kings 19:12)

Photobucket

Is anyone else humming veggie tales now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Headed back to the site?
My photo
Richmond, Virginia
I am a life-style, portrait and wedding photographer based in Richmond, Virginia. I am thankful to be able to do what I love for a living. Thanks for visiting!

Looking for something?

Search by Keyword

Wedding
Engagement
Couple
Senior
Family
Personal

Details

Thank you for your interest in Kristin Partin Photography. I am a lifestyle, portrait and wedding photographer based in Richmond, Virginia. My sessions are based on simple life. Nothing fancy. Your style, your love and your photos.

If you would like to book a photo session, are curious about specific pricing needs and/or need information that is not listed, contact details are listed below.

kristin@kristinpartinphotography.com


please visit my website!

What's in my Shootsac?

-I'm proud to shoot with Canon products-
Canon EOS 5D SLR Body
Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Body
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Canon 35mm 1.4
Canon 55-250mm IS Lens
Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Zoom Wide Angle IS Autofocus Lens
58mm 2x Telephoto Lens
58mm Wide Angle Lens
2 High Capacity Batteries
2 CF Cards and CF Rapid Fire Readers


Followers