Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling Crafty l February 14

Pretty sure the last time I stared at my calendar, I was thinking to myself, 'wow, thanksgiving is coming up soon'....Is it just me or is the time just flying by? Not that I'm complaining, our wedding is now in 201 days. Tomorrow we're almost out of the 200's. That makes me happy. :)

I'm not really one of those girls who thinks guys should splurge on diamonds, flowers and chocolate for Valentines Day. (not that I would turn away nick handing me a bouquet of yellow tulips-what am I, stupid?) I think that we should show the same amount of compassion and kindness to each other on a day to day basis. Flowers on a random thursday are always delightful. I'm also not one of those girls who curses the day and repels the color red all day. I just think that February 14th should be a simple reminder to everyone you love, how much you appreciate them being in your life. It should be shown whatever way you know how.

Found these ideas while flipping through the Martha Stewart magazine over the weekend. It isn't too early to jot down ideas.


Mini Berry Pies (recipe)


Pear Raspberry Heart Pie (recipe)



p.s. this kind of has to do with valentines day....since I love nick and we are getting married. We had originally planned to go to Ireland for our honeymoon. We had planned to fly out 8-8 and land in Dublin late that evening. With the cost of flights, cost of living and (to put it lightly) overall uneasy state of our country, we thought it best to stay here.

We will be taking a train to New York City and deciding our daily itinerary on a whim. Broadway musical? let's go! Sleep until 11am? why not? Skydive off the Empire State Building? ehh..no thank you. Anyway-we are both free spirited and will have a wonderful time wherever God allows us to venture to. In honor of New York City, a tune for good measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Headed back to the site?
My photo
Richmond, Virginia
I am a life-style, portrait and wedding photographer based in Richmond, Virginia. I am thankful to be able to do what I love for a living. Thanks for visiting!

Looking for something?

Search by Keyword

Wedding
Engagement
Couple
Senior
Family
Personal

Details

Thank you for your interest in Kristin Partin Photography. I am a lifestyle, portrait and wedding photographer based in Richmond, Virginia. My sessions are based on simple life. Nothing fancy. Your style, your love and your photos.

If you would like to book a photo session, are curious about specific pricing needs and/or need information that is not listed, contact details are listed below.

kristin@kristinpartinphotography.com


please visit my website!

What's in my Shootsac?

-I'm proud to shoot with Canon products-
Canon EOS 5D SLR Body
Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Body
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Canon 35mm 1.4
Canon 55-250mm IS Lens
Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Zoom Wide Angle IS Autofocus Lens
58mm 2x Telephoto Lens
58mm Wide Angle Lens
2 High Capacity Batteries
2 CF Cards and CF Rapid Fire Readers


Followers