Thursday, January 13, 2011

I couldn't be a wedding photographer, personal

  • be a language translator
  • become a *something* in the medical field
  • be a professional scuba diver.
  • I don't know if there is such a thing as that...
  • work in a factory
  • be a wedding photographer
these are all things I literally could not do as a full time bread winning occupation. I have a terrible memory, blood makes me nauseous, i'm scared of sharks and dark water that isn't bright blue like in postcards from jamaica, repetitious things would make me slowly go insane and I am far too scatterbrained and quirky to run a business.

Before you freak out thinking 'wow...I hired this girl to photograph my wedding', I do have a point. I was looking at my calendar today and nearly choked on my grapes. I wondered why the Lord had blessed me so and why he picked me to be involved in such a precious union as marriage. Every now & then (like...every other day) I am in need of a reality check. There are THOUSANDS of things that could go wrong when running a business such as mine. Equipment failure is more costly than I can afford, things could come up the day of someones wedding, I could screw up someones photos by sneezing on the first kiss....really, it's endless. quite intimidating and stressful, too.

But the reality is, this all has nothing to do with me. I am just an empty vessel that the Lord is using completely. You see, if this were all me, my business would be hopeless, pointless and cave. There is such peace in knowing that the creator of the universe is on my side helping me run my business and making sure my camera works, my sneezing stays under control and traffic allows me to get where i need to be.

My heart was burdened today to let whomever is reading this know that I owe my eyes, my hands and my mind to my Lord. He is my best friend & business partner. Thank you all for trusting me with your precious memories and for reading my 23rd public reality check of 2011. ps, the sneezing thing was totally a joke.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(above images from a lovely wedding in Lynchburg, Virginia)


1 comment:

Headed back to the site?
My photo
Richmond, Virginia
I am a life-style, portrait and wedding photographer based in Richmond, Virginia. I am thankful to be able to do what I love for a living. Thanks for visiting!

Looking for something?

Search by Keyword

Wedding
Engagement
Couple
Senior
Family
Personal

Details

Thank you for your interest in Kristin Partin Photography. I am a lifestyle, portrait and wedding photographer based in Richmond, Virginia. My sessions are based on simple life. Nothing fancy. Your style, your love and your photos.

If you would like to book a photo session, are curious about specific pricing needs and/or need information that is not listed, contact details are listed below.

kristin@kristinpartinphotography.com


please visit my website!

What's in my Shootsac?

-I'm proud to shoot with Canon products-
Canon EOS 5D SLR Body
Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Body
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
Canon 35mm 1.4
Canon 55-250mm IS Lens
Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Zoom Wide Angle IS Autofocus Lens
58mm 2x Telephoto Lens
58mm Wide Angle Lens
2 High Capacity Batteries
2 CF Cards and CF Rapid Fire Readers


Followers